What role are mobile networks playing in providing Internet access to citizens and what needs to be put in place to promote mobile Internet and enhance local content development?
Cyber security and Privacy: What policies are required to increase and improve co-operation in this area to ensure that strategies are consistent with policies that protect society while advancing innovation, growth and development?
· Cloud Computing: What is cloud computing and what are the critical issues in determining the pace and level of development of the cloud?
· Other thematic areas such the concept of creation of “Knowledge Societies” in cyberspace, content generation, guarding Internet freedom, preserving linguistic diversity, particularly promotion of multilingualism in cyberspace as a commitment toward supporting the Universal Declaration on Cultural Diversity adopted in 2010 and the Recommendation on the Promotion and Use of Multilingualism and Universal Access to Cyberspace adopted in 2005.
Activities on these dates:
- 26th September 2011- High level Ministerial Meeting at UNON
Cocktail & Launch of GSMA Report at Tribe Hotel
- 27th September 2011 – Opening Session at UNON
- 28th September 2011- Business Round Table at Tribe Hotel (2-4)
-Cloud Computing Research at UNON
- 29th September 2011 –IHUB Visit
- 30th September 2011- Public Lecture at KICC (9-12)