|From Me 2 U|
RIM is offering free premium apps to its customers to compensate them for the recent outage.
Spence says the Apps are worth about USD100 (Sh10,000). He says a switch failed and the backup switch did not kick in leading to massive backlog.
RIM it seems moves 22 terabytes of data on its network every month.
"That caused a situation where we had to catch up," Spence told conference participants made up of ICT journalists from South Africa and Kenya.
The Apps will be available from this week to December.
Spence says the Apps chosen were picked based on downloading trends.
Apps available include:
- SIMS 3 - Electronic Arts
- Bejeweled - Electronic Arts
- N.O.V.A. - Gameloft
- Texas Hold’em Poker 2 - Gameloft
- Bubble Bash 2 - Gameloft
- Photo Editor Ultimate - Ice Cold Apps
- DriveSafe.ly Pro - iSpeech.org
- iSpeech Translator Pro - iSpeech.org
- Drive Safe.ly Enterprise - iSpeech.org
- Nobex Radio™ Premium - Nobex
- Shazam Encore - Shazam
- Vlingo Plus: Virtual Assistant - Vlingo